Monday 27 June 2016

Classy Keith Thurman "I want boxing back at the forefront of network Tv"

Following Saturday nights unanimous victory in defence of his WBA welterweight strap against Shawn Porter, Keith Thurman made a lot of friends following a statement he released at the press conference..

"Bringing boxing back to prime time, bringing it back to the people..  We were live on Facebook today, there was a comment..:  Keith Thurman v Danny Garcia, pay per view...
I don't want PPV..  I don't want you to have to pay for this entertainment..   There is too much world class entertainment for free..  
I want all of America to see me..  
I didn't have HBO growing up...
I didn't have Showtime growing up...
And if you have HBO and You have Showtime and they make it PPV, now you gotta come out your pocket some more..  
I'm not trying to gauge the American people or the American public..
I want to get everyone on my side, I want everyone to have the opportunity or the chance to see One Time, and I want boxing to come back to the forefront of network Tv."

A fabulous statement by a man who looks to have declared himself as a people's champion..

No comments:

Post a Comment