Tuesday 6 December 2016

Shakur Stevenson turns pro under James Prince and co.


Highly touted amateur star Shakur Stevenson is to enter the paid ranks, under the guidance of James Prince, Andre Ward and Josh Dubin. “It is an honor and a privilege to represent this young man. Andre, Josh and I know we have the next superstar in the sport,” said Prince. “Shakur is not only a gifted fighter, but someone that has the ability to be an icon. Our first goal is to sign him with the right promoter. Then, we will be with him every step of the journey toward greatness.”
Stevenson won a bantamweight silver medal at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio. He entered the Olympics with a perfect 23-0 international record and is the first American male to win junior and youth world titles, as well as a Youth Olympic Games gold medal.
A native of Newark Nj, Stevenson resides and trains currently in Virginia, carefully coached by Kay Koroma..  Stevenson has his grandfather Wali Moses to thank for introducing him to boxing as a child..
"I want to give a big thank you to my grandfather , big time , for getting me where I want to be as far as boxing and becoming the boxer I am today.
I want to thank Coach Kay for taking me in and coaching me and keeping me in the boxing environment when I moved away from Jersey. I’m excited for this journey ahead of me and my main goal is to be great!"
Stevenson is delighted with his new management team and vows to make them proud by delivering on his potential..

No comments:

Post a Comment