Wednesday 28 August 2019

Erislandy Lara aims to become Champion again Saturday as he takes on Ramon Alvarez..


Former world super welterweight champion Erislandy Lara 25-3-3 (14 Ko’s) will continue his in his campaign to regain his place at the top of the division when he takes on Ramon Alvarez 28-7-3 (16 Ko’s) for the WBA super welterweight championship this coming Saturday in the main event at The Armory in Minneapolis.. Live on Fox..
Despite the fight offering Lara a chance at becoming champion once again, it offers him an opportunity to settle a personal score, and avenge a disputed defeat to Saul Alvarez back in 2014, the brother of the man that he faces on Saturday..
“This will be a good fight for the fans because I know Ramon Alvarez is coming with everything he’s got. I know he’ll be looking to end all controversy about me getting robbed when I fought his brother Canelo... Everyone knows I won that fight, so I’m going to take it out on Ramon, he’s had plenty of time to prepare for this bout, as I did, so we will both be performing at our very best. Stylistically, I feel I have the advantages. I’m going into this fight with the mindset to dominate and score a knockout.”
Each time Ramon has stepped up he has struggled, losing in 2018 in his last step up fight to Brandon Rios, having previously fallen short against Omar Chavez and Antonio Margarito.. You’ll find Alvarez’s record padded with the names of ageing champions like Vivian Harris and Ben Tackie which is why I’m surprised to see him featuring in such a high profile opportunity.. In reality Lara and Alvarez are light years apart, with only the Cubans brief history with the more talented Alvarez brother that adds flavour to such an event, remember Lara is still live and could prove a handful for anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment