Tuesday 4 May 2021

Buatsi meets undefeated Daniel Dos Santos in Manchester on May 15th.

World ranked light heavyweight Joshua Buatsi 13-0 (11 KOs) stays on course for a world title fight when he meets ambitious undefeated Daniel Dos Santos 15-0 (8 KOs) for the WBA International title at the AO Arena in Manchester on May 15, live on Sky Sports in the UK and on DAZN in the United States.

Buatsi has teamed up with new trainer Virgil Hunter. “I’ve got an unbeaten opponent, that makes him ambitious,” said Buatsi. “Obviously it’s the first fight under Virgil, so it’s should be interesting. I’m looking forward to showing what I’ve been working on with Virgil. He’s going to want to hold onto his undefeated record, as I am. When that’s at stake you really dig deep.

“It’s mainly the style that I like. Each of his fighters translate it differently. The public haven’t seen how good I can be, or I will be. I want to unlock the potential that I have got. This addition to the team will 100 per cent bring the best out of me.”

Buatsi won a bronze medal at the 2016 Olympics and last boxed in October when he stopped the previously undefeated Mario Calic at the Marshall arena in Milton Keynes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment