Friday, 31 July 2026

Mauricio Lara takes on tough Carlos Ornelas, August 29th in Guadalajara Mexico.

Mauricio Lara continues on his goal of becoming a two-weight World champion when he takes on tough Carlos Ornelas in an all-Mexico feature event at Complejo Deportivo Artes Marciales in Guadalajara, Mexico on Saturday August 29, broadcast live globally on DAZN. Lara 30-3-2 (23 KOs) is all set to step up to the next level in his bid to claim a Super-Featherweight World championship and will be on the lookout for a fifth inside the distance victory on the bounce. Lara originally became WBA Featherweight champion in three years ago when he defeated the UK’s Leigh Wood in Nottingham, England, his second stoppage win on British soil since his demolition of Josh Warrington in 2021.

Ornelas 29-5 (16 KOs) is no push over and is looking to gatecrash the championship picture at 130. Carlos returned to winning ways in February of this year with a second round stoppage in Baja California, rebounding from a tough defeat at the hands of current world title holder Abdullah Mason last April in Las Vegas.

“I’m thrilled to come back to a DAZN boxing show, alongside BXSTRS and Matchroom promotions “ said Lara, who is scheduled to take on Ornelas over ten rounds and claims to be back. 

“I will show the world why I once was world champion and that I am ready for any 130lb fighter. It’s been three years since I lost my title, so I am focused in becoming World champion again. Matchroom and BXSTRS have done good in giving me another shot on August 29 in Guadalajara, and I’ll repay them with an exciting performance.”

Ornales voiced his gratitude towards both and BXSTRS for the opportunity,” stating that he is prepared to send Lara said into retirement.

Eddie Hearn of Matchroom Boxing stated that It’s great to be back in Mexico, and to have Bronco headlining live on DAZN once again..  Our Mexico shows always guarantee excitement, and when you put Mauricio at the head of a card, that only adds to the fireworks. The 130lbs division is stacked with great fighters, and you can certainly put Mauricio right in there with the best of them with another win on August 29.

Information regarding the undercard lineup and ticket sales and availability will follow in due course. The show will be broadcast globally on DAZN. 

No comments:

Post a Comment